Upward Sports is designed to introduce children to Jesus Christ by creating opportunities to serve through sports. Upward Sports emphasizes healthy competition, sportsmanship, skill building and fun versus the “win-at-all cost” mentality.
Rules unique to Upward Sports are designed to provide the very best sports experience for each and every child. In addition to teaching children about sports, Upward features a few special characteristics:
- 1) Each child is evaluated before the team selection process to create balanced teams that are competitive.
- 2) A unique substitution system that guarantees every child equal playing time.
- 3) Opportunities to teach both athletic skill as well as values for success on and off the playing field/court.
- 4) Family friendly schedule through conducting only one one-hour practices and games each week.
- 5) Supportive and encouraging volunteer coaches, referees, clock keepers, and other volunteers help create a positive sports environment designed to bring out the “winner” in each child regardless of the game’s score.