Written by Brad Graves, Senior Pastor
We all go through battles. Everyone struggles. For me, the hard part is remembering where the battle started, who I am really fighting, and what weapons I have on my side.
I hope you find encouragement in these verses, my thoughts, and prayers.
2 Corinthians 10:3-5 (CSB)
For although we live in the flesh, we do not wage war according to the flesh, since the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but are powerful through God for the demolition of strongholds. We demolish arguments and every proud thing that is raised up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to obey Christ.
- All of our battles are fought in the spirit before they are won in the flesh
- All of our spiritual weapons only work when they are used in God’s power and for His purpose
- The strongholds of the enemy are in our flesh, our words, our pride, and in our thoughts
- Every battle we fight began in the same place, our thoughts
My prayer for me and you who read this is that we will:
• Win the battles of our thoughts
• Destroy any strongholds of the enemy in our life
• Use every weapon God has given in every way possible
• Fight first on our knees and then on our feet
Stay in the right battle!
Share this post:
Brad Graves is the Senior Pastor at Ada First Baptist Church.